Welcome to the Learning Resource Centre.
The LRC team is
Mrs Hawksworth - LRC Manager
Miss Bromyard - LRC Assistant
Miss Sisk - LRC Assistant
- 8:15am - 4:15pm Monday to Thursday
- 8:15am - 4:00pm Friday
(There may be occasions when the LRC is closed due to staff training or meetings. These closures will be advertised and where possible 24 hours' notice will be given)
All resources (except DVDs) can be borrowed on a two week loan period.
- Fiction books are arranged alphabetically under the author’s surname.
- Non-fiction (or information) books are arranged in numerical order according to their subject. Resources can be searched for by using the LRC system Eclipse.net.
- DVDs can be borrowed on an overnight loan only (Monday-Thursday).
- A music centre is available for pupils and students who want to listen to music or CD stories (please ask at the issue desk).
- Pupils and students are able to make use of the ‘Image Bank’ which contains pictures that can be taken away and used for Art and CDT lessons, or for home learning.
- Computers must be booked if required before school or at lunch break (these are to be used for homework only during these times). Computers are freely available after school for homework or games.
All resources borrowed from the LRC must be issued at the main issue desk by a member of staff. There is a security barrier and CCTV in operation.
Parents/Carers will be asked to pay for any lost or damaged resources.
Weekly reminders for overdue resources are sent out automatically by email to Parents/Carers.
The LRC team aims to promote reading for pleasure and to support pupils, students and staff by providing a range of resources to facilitate learning. The LRC hold numerous events throughout the year to promote reading, including author visits, celebration of World Book Day and numerous themed reading weeks. The LRC supports whole school Information Literacy lessons and work closely with pupils requiring reading support and intervention through Accelerated Reader.
The LRC webpage is available on Bay House Learning (link opens in a new window). This site provides information on:
- Engaging ‘Reading for Pleasure’.
- News items and events.
- Talk about books, reading, films and other media.
- Information on learning skills and advice on how to research.
- Sixth Form support and guidance.
- Access the LRC system ‘Eclipse.net’ (link opens in a new window) to search for and reserve resources. To access Eclipse.net add your LRC borrower number to the username and password fields.
LRC Social Media
The LRC team actively uses social media to communicate with the school community. Please visit, follow and like our sites to keep up-to-date with all the latest LRC information: