Welcome to the Learning Resource Centre.
The LRC team is
Mrs Hawksworth - Librarian
Miss Bromyard - Senior Library Assistant (Fiction Specialist)
Miss Sisk - Senior Library Assistant (Sixth Form Specialist)
- 8:15am - 4:15pm Monday to Thursday
- 8:15am - 4:00pm Friday
(There may be occasions when the LRC is closed due to staff training or meetings. These closures will be advertised and where possible 24 hours' notice will be given)
All resources (except DVDs) can be borrowed for two weeks (with the option to renew resources if required for longer).
- Fiction books are arranged alphabetically by Genre.
- Non-fiction (or information) books are arranged in numerical order according to their subject.
- DVDs can be borrowed overnight only Monday-Thursday and over the weekend on a Friday.
- Computers are available before and after school and at morning break for completing and printing off homework. Computers must be booked in advance via the library staff if required at lunch break, due to high demand for using them at this time.
- Pupils can use the library system Eclipse.net to search for books, listen to author podcasts and to search for websites; as well as write book reviews and reserve books that are currently unavailable.
All resources borrowed from the LRC must be issued at the main library desk by a member of staff. There is a security barrier and CCTV in operation.
Pupils are reminded to renew books should they be required longer than two weeks, to avoid unnecessary overdue reminders. Likewise, please inform the library if a resource has been lost or damaged.
The library staff aim to promote reading for pleasure and to support pupils and students by providing a range of resources to facilitate learning. We host numerous events throughout the year including author visits, celebration of World Book Day and themed reading weeks. The library promote research and study skills and work closely with pupils requiring reading support and intervention.
The library actively uses social media to communicate with the school community on:
- Engaging ‘Reading for Pleasure’.
- News items and events.
- Promotion of books, films and other media.
- Information on learning skills and advice on how to research.
- Sixth Form support and guidance.
Please visit, follow and like our sites to keep up-to-date with all the latest information.