For a child to reach their full educational achievement a high level of school attendance is essential.
At Bay House we want every child to have every opportunity to achieves to their full potential; we stress the importance of excellent attendance and punctuality at all times, and have very high expectations for excellent attendance and punctuality.
Did you know?
Promoting Good Attendance
The foundation for good attendance is a strong partnership between the school, parents and the pupil. To support this focus we:
- Provide information about the importance of excellent attendance
- Report to you on how your child is performing in school and what their attendance and punctuality rate is.
Parents and carers can view this information via the MyEd app. Please visit the MyEd section of our website for further information here.
- Celebrate good attendance and reward good or improving attendance
- Set attendance targets for year offices and tutor groups, and display them around school
- Set individual attendance targets for pupils to help them focus on improving their attendance.
The Pastoral Hub team work alongside Tutors and the Year Offices to support pupils achieve excellent attendance, and consistently monitor pupils’ attendance and punctuality. If attendance falls below the expected levels, colleagues with an expertise in ‘attendance support’ work with the young person and their family.
A range of strategies are deployed to support improvements in attendance and include:
- In school support
- Home visits
- In school attendance panel
- Legal interventions (as outlined in Hampshire County Council’s code of conduct.)
If you need support or advice with attendance, please contact your child’s Tutor or The Pastoral Hub.