It is with great pleasure that we welcome you and your child as members of the Bay House School and Sixth Form community.
Please check this page for important transition information and updates. We will hold various activities for pupils, parents & carers that will ensure a smooth transition to secondary school for all involved.
Year 6 Transition Visits
These are for the whole school day:
- Monday 3 July - Out of Catchment schools, Newtown Primary School, St Mary’s Catholic Primary School
- Tuesday 4 July - ALL Schools
- Wednesday 5 July - Leesland Junior School, Gomer Junior School, Haselworth Primary School
- Thursday 6 July - Alverstoke Junior School and Lee on Solent Junior School
Evening Performance, 6.30pm - 9.00pm
- Tuesday 4 July - Schools taking part in this performance are Alverstoke, Gomer, Haselworth, St Marys, Newtown, Siskin
- Wednesday 5 July - Schools taking part in this performance are Lee on Solent, Leesland, Out of Catchment schools
Admission Appeals Timetable for Year 7 in September 2017
Appeals for transfer to Bay House School – Year 7
|Notification date for on-time applicants||Wednesday 01 March 2017|
|Deadline date for parents wishing to lodge an appeal
(returning completed appeal papers to the school)
|Friday 31 March 2017|
|Year 7 appeal hearings to be held||Tuesday 20 and Wednesday 21 June 2017|
|Decision letters to be sent||Within 5 school days of hearing|
- Appeals lodged after 31 March 2017 will be heard on the above date if possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
- For late applications, appeals will be heard within 40 school days from the deadline of lodging the appeals (where possible) or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
- Appellants will receive at least 10 school days’ notice of the location of their appeal hearing.
- Following the lodging of an appeal, additional papers may be submitted to
Miss J Hathaway, Admissions Officer at Bay House School no later than 14 working days before the hearing. Evidence submitted after this date may not be considered.
If you have any questions about the appeals process, please do not hesitate to contact Miss Julie Hathaway on (02392) 587931 ext 342 or via email: email@example.com
Transport to School
Please find below the link to Hampshire County Council's website which provides information for parents who wish to apply for transport to school. Applications should be submitted to the Passenger Transport Group as soon as possible. This is to allow time for the applications to be processed by the beginning of the autumn term. Applications received after the end of JUNE may be subject to delay. Parents will normally be notified of transport arrangements during the summer holidays.