Key Stage 4
We teach the OCR Cambridge National, as well as the mandatory units, we focus on the options of Diet and Nutrition, as well as Creative Activities.
Learners really enjoy the Diet and Nutrition Unit, as they have to prepare a meal for an individual with a special condition such as diabetes.
Key Stage 5
We deliver the OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Award, the first 3 models delivered in lower sixth are compulsory:
- Unit 1: Building positive relationships in health and social care
- Unit 2: Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Unit 3: Health, safety and security in health and social care
Year Two Level 3 Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care
In year 2, there is one compulsory unit, which is Anatomy and physiology for health and social care. There are more 2 more optional units and we are flexible with which units:
- Unit 10: Nutrition for health
- Unit 17: Sexual Health, Reproduction and Early Development Stages