We are delighted to write to share with you the headlines from our recent inspection by Ofsted in April 2014.
Key messages from the report:
- Bay House School and Sixth form is an ‘increasingly successful school’
- The Sixth Form is judged to be outstanding in every respect
- Pupils and students told the Inspectors that that they are proud to attend the School
- There is outstanding achievement in English which shows significant progress over the past two years
- Achievement in maths is also now good because of the ‘considerable drive to improve teaching and rates of progress’
- The inspection team say there is ‘outstanding leadership at all levels’
- Teaching is good and sometimes outstanding with all groups making good progress
- Teachers have high ambitions for pupils and students and use a range of imaginative and motivational techniques to engage their interest
- Efforts to raise attendance have been successful across the whole community
- Ofsted said that the behaviour of pupils and students is good, and that ‘school leaders make sure that behaviour is orderly and safe’
- Bay House School and Sixth Form is a better school than when it was last inspected
As parents expect, we are never complacent and we agree with Ofsted that the areas we need to improve on are to extend best practice in teaching across the School. There is always more work to be done and we will continue to work hard to achieve a consistency of excellence across the whole of this very large school.
We particularly welcome the feedback in the inspection report that what we are doing to continually improve is most effective and that we are an increasingly successful school, and better school than when last inspected.
Below is the message we shared with pupils and students following our inspection:
Bay House pupils and students impress the Ofsted team.
Huge congratulations to the pupils and students of Bay House School and Sixth Form for conducting yourselves impeccably during our whole school inspection last week.
The inspecting team saw that you enjoy your learning and are purposeful in your work, that you are polite and well-mannered and that strong and respectful relationships are a feature of our school. We are delighted that the Inspectors say the School has continued to improve since the last inspection.
You are an absolute credit to yourselves, your families, our School and the community of Gosport.