LEARNING RESOURCE CENTRE
Welcome to the Learning Resource Centre
The LRC team is:
Mrs Hawksworth - LRC Manager
Miss Bromyard - LRC Assistant
Miss Sisk - LRC Assistant
- 8:15am - 4:15pm Monday to Thursday
- 8:15am - 4:00pm Friday
(There may be occasions when the LRC is closed due to staff training or meetings. These closures will be advertised via the LRC webpage and where possible 24 hours notice will be given)
Books can be borrowed on a two week loan for pupils and a one week loan for students.
- Fiction books are arranged alphabetically under the author’s surname.
- Non-fiction (or information) books are arranged in numerical order according to their subject. A ‘where to look’ guide and computerised search system can be used to find subject numbers.
- Reference books are for use within the LRC.
- Newspapers are for use within the LRC only.
- DVDs can be borrowed on an overnight loan.
- Audio CDs can be borrowed on a two week loan.
- MP3 audio books can be borrowed on a one week loan.
- Nintendo DS Flips books can be borrowed on a one week loan.
- A music centre is available for pupils and students who want to listen to music or CD stories.
- Computers must be booked if you require one before school or at lunch break (These are to be used for homework only at these times). Computers are freely available after school.
All resources borrowed from the LRC must be issued through the computer. There is a security barrier and CCTV in operation.
The LRC team aims to promote reading for pleasure and to support the pupils, students and staff by providing a range of resources to facilitate learning. The LRC hold numerous events throughout the year to promote information literacy and to engage pupils in activities that further develop their learning journey.
4 Image Bank Pictures are kept in the yellow trays by the office. You may have up to 4 pictures for Art and CDT lessons.
The LRC webpage is available on Bay House Learning. We will be using this site for a range of things:
- To give you information on what the LRC can do for you.
- To provide information on news items and events.
- To talk about books, reading, films and other media – tell us what you like so that we can make the LRC relevant to you.
- To create useful information on learning skills and advice on how to research.
- To provide information on websites and resources linked to subjects.
- • Access link to our Library system ‘Eclipse.net’ to search for and reserve resources. To access Eclipse.net all you need to do is add your forename.surname for the username and the password is the same as the IT system password.